Holocaust Resource Center
The Holocaust Resource Center (HRC) is a joint initiative between Kean University and the Holocaust Resource Foundation, a private philanthropic organization founded by Holocaust survivors who rebuilt their lives in New Jersey.
The HRC was established in 1982 to foster and reinforce ongoing awareness of the Holocaust among students, teachers and community members. From its inception, the Foundation's founders recognized education as the integral driving force behind the organization.
Today, the Center continues to honor its founders by promoting messages of respect, understanding and empowerment. We fulfill our educational mandate in three ways: collections, commemorative events and teacher training.
HRC programs and resources align with the New Jersey State Mandate on Holocaust Education. Through our various initiatives, we seek to learn from the past in order to create a better future.
Make a donation to the HRC - Under Designation, Choose "Other" and Type in "Holocaust Resource Center''
April is Holocaust and Genocide Awareness Month
- April 1st - Dr. Alexander Hinton (Rutgers University), The Justice Facade? Reflections on the Khmer Rouge Tribunal on the 40th Anniversary of the Cambodian Genocide
April 4th- Fred Heyman, Holocaust Survivor
- April 16th - Women, War, and Peace: Peace Unveiled, film screening and discussion
- April 24th - Ingelore, film screening and discussion
- May 1 - Yom HaShoah Commemoration, featured speaker Robert Max
- April 9th - LGBTQ+ Educators' Panel Discussion