Tuition Waiver Program
The Tuition Waiver Program is a benefit for eligible full-time employees of Kean University, and their eligible dependent children.
- This program is applicable to first undergraduate and graduate degrees only (i.e. post-baccalaureate certificates, doctorate degrees and courses not connected to earning a first undergraduate or graduate degree are not covered).
- Non-tuition expenses (i.e., University fees, housing, meals, books) are not covered under the Tuition Waiver Program and will be the responsibility of the student.
For specific details regarding the Tuition Waiver Program as it applies to your title, please see policies below.
Managerial and AFT employees may be eligible for Tuition Reimbursement for studies at other accredited institutions. Tuition Reimbursement is subject to the availability of funds, and governed by the Tuition Reimbursement policy as defined below.
If you are planning to participate in the Tuition Waiver Program and intend to submit an application, please be advised of the following deadlines:
- If applying for the Spring 2021 Semester - Application is due Friday, November 6, 2020
- If applying for Summer Session I 2021 – Application is due Monday, April 5, 2021
- If applying for Summer Session II 2021 – Application is due Wednesday, May 5, 2021
- If applying for the Fall 2021 Semester - Application is due Monday, June 7, 2021
Policies and Applications
It is important to note that if you are interested in participating in the Tuition Waiver Program, you are encouraged to review the applicable policies below.
For Dependent Children (All Units)
For AFT Employees
For CWA and IFPTE Employees
For Managerial Employees
Any inquiries pertaining to the Tuition Waiver Program may be directed to Tameeka Upshaw in the Office of Human Resources at 908-737-3308 or firstname.lastname@example.org