Full-time employees have a choice of the Dental Expense Plan administered by AETNA Dental or a Dental Plan Organization program. Both plan types are briefly described below. The premium cost of the coverage is borne jointly (50% - 50%) by the State and the employee. Employees may choose from the two types of dental plans offered by the State. If you choose to enroll in a dental plan, you must remain in the dental plan you select for at least 12 months.
AETNA DENTAL EXPENSE PLAN
This plan offers a member the freedom to choose his/her own dentist and provides a percentage of coverage for reasonable and customary charges.
DENTAL PLAN ORGANIZATIONS
A Dental Plan Organization (DPO) is similar to a medical Health Maintenance Organization. The full cost for most services is prepaid to the dentist, but certain services require that the employee pay an additional co-payment. If the employee chooses a more expensive treatment, he or she must pay the extra cost. Services rendered by a dentist who is not a member of the Dental Plan Organization will not be covered, unless that dentist is referred in advance by the Dental Plan Organization.
- Dental Plan Contacts
- Dental Plans - Fact Sheet
- Employee Dental Plan Member Handbook
- Dental Rate 2023
- Dental Rate 2022
- Dental Expense Plan Claim Form
How/Where to Search Participating Dentists
- Aetna PPO/DPO aetna.com
- Cigna DPO
- Healthpex DPO: healthplex.com (Click on “Our Dentists” to view the most current listing of participating providers available to you. Under the “Members” section on the right-hand side, enter your group number GJ2006A in the field, and click Search.)
- Horizon DPO horizonblue.com
- MetLife DPO