Benefits for Work Life Balance
In order to enroll in NJBEST, please complete the following application and payroll deduction form. These should be submitted directly to NJBEST for processing.
For more information, you may contact NJBEST at 800-818-4030.
New for Fall 2021
- Students, faculty and staff can enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet during $5 Fridays at the New Upper Residence Dining Hall.
- Starbucks, located in the Nancy Thompson Learning Commons, is now using Starbucks Connect, which expands ordering options and allows you to:
- Order in-person with Cougar and Flex Dollars payment options
- Order ahead using the Starbucks mobile app
- Use Starbucks gift cards in-store and on the mobile app
- Redeem your Starbucks rewards on the mobile app
- Cougar Canteen, a self-service grab-and-go market, is now open on the first floor of East Campus and North Avenue Academic Building. Cougar Canteen offers fresh eats, snacks and drinks, including a coffee station, during all hours the building is open. New payment options coming soon.
- Pizza and Cold Stone Creamery, located across Morris Avenue at the Shoppes at Vermella, now accept Kean Flex Dollars.
Click here for a refresher on how to buy and spend Flex Dollars and Cougar Dollars.
Meal Plans for Faculty and Staff
The new faculty/staff meal plans are offered as an added benefit to the University community. Employees can enroll immediately here and pay through payroll deduction in four pay period installments.
The plan gives participants a set number of non-expiring “meal swipes” that cover a meal at venues such as the Miron Student Center Food Court, Cougar’s Den, Smashburger and more. Also included in the meal plan cost are Flex Dollars, which can be used to purchase items a la carte at other dining spots, including Starbucks, the new Unity Cafe in Cougar Hall, a number of off-campus restaurants and campus vending machines. Flex Dollars can also be used at the Kean Barnes & Noble bookstore.
For the list of venues, look for “Accepting Locations and Hours of Operation” on the Kean Meal Plan website.
The meal plans are available to Kean faculty and staff at two price points. For $545, employees receive 60 “meal blocks,” or swipes, plus $100 in Flex Dollars. For $235, they receive 25 meal blocks and $50 in Flex Dollars. Neither swipes nor Flex Dollars expire, and faculty and staff may enroll in the plan or replenish it at any time.
Faculty and staff members who sign up for a meal plan will receive an email confirmation once their meal plan has been assigned.